Nearly 900 people from 49 states and two other countries participated in the second National Rx Drug Abuse Summit, held April 2-4, 2013, in Orlando, Florida, and focused on ways we can all Make an Impact in the fight against prescription drug abuse.
Recurring themes highlighted by presenters at the Summit included: the need to provide better education about drug abuse and diversion, especially for prescribers; greater use and seamless integration of state Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs; identifying and sharing best-practice solutions; openly admitting problems to facilitate provision of effective treatment and recovery programs; and adequately treating pain without over-prescribing narcotics that lack abuse-deterrent formulations.
Conference programming featured thought-providing presentations by 120 experts and leaders in six Educational Track focus areas: Third-Party Payer, Clinical, Pharmacy, Treatment, Education & Advocacy, and Law Enforcement.
- Listen to audio recordings of the Breakout sessions, watch videos of the General Session programs, and download copies of the PowerPoint presentations. Click here.
- View photos from 2013 Summit events. Click here.
- View a listing of the 2013 Keynote Presenters. Click here.
- View a listing of the 2013 Workshop and Session Presenters. Click here.
- Read an overview of the 2013 National Rx Drug Abuse Summit. Click here.
Conference attendees included: Federal and state legislators and policy makers; federal and state executive leaders; health care practitioners; pharmacists; certified substance abuse counselors and recovery specialists; law enforcement personnel; treatment facility managers; advocates, families, and patients working to increase awareness and effect change; pharmaceutical executives; prominent academicians and researchers; government officials tasked with regulatory oversight; insurance payers and benefits managers; and suppliers of prescription monitoring technologies.