Keep up-to-date on the latest news about the National Rx Drug Abuse Summit through our eNewsletter alerts. Be among the first to learn about workshop topics, general session plans and presenters as they are announced.
- Vol. 4, Issue 6, October 16, 2014 – Summit will be held at The Westin; National Safety Council: OTC pain medications are more effective for acute pain than prescribed painkillers; Bypassing pharmacies boosts workers’ comp prescription costs in Pennsylvania; Hospital, insurers launch recovery center for drug-addicted pregnant women; Feds take aim at prescribers in pill mill case; Paying for detox to address opioid epidemic.
- Vol. 4, Issue 5, October 9, 2014 – Presentations under review – Rx Summit now less than 6 months away; Express Scripts excludes Zohydro from coverage; AAN warns against opioids in chronic noncancer pain; More older Americans struggling with abuse; Reversing the Rx drug abuse epidemic; White America’s drug problem is getting worse.
- Vol. 4, Issue 4, September 25, 2014 – Last opportunity to submit presentation proposals; Big cities take aim at prescription painkillers; AMA releases fact sheet on new hydrocodone rule; CDC: Rx painkiller deaths slowing down; Heavier teen pot smoking linked to problems in young adults; DEA’s National Rx Drug Take-Back Day is Sept. 27.
- Vol. 4, Issue 3, September 11, 2014 – Two weeks remain to submit presentation ideas; DEA to allow return of unused pills to pharmacies; Opioid prescription should include risk assessment; New drug czar tackles weed, Rx pain pills; Dealers inject business school basics in selling heroin; Adam’s story: When Rx drugs are deadly.
- Vol. 4, Issue 2, September 4, 2014 – Presentation ideas sought for 2015 Summit; Lawsuits filed over painkiller marketing; Company wins new trial in drug testing policy case; Opioid diversion case puts hospitals on alert; Treatment Court gives addicted vets second change; Sleeping aid linked to doubling of ED visits.
- Vol. 4, Issue 1, August 26, 2014 – Registration opens; DEA increases restrictions on Rx painkillers; CDC: Opioid prescribing varies widely by state; Missouri alone in resisting Rx drug database; Marijuana poses greater risk than many realize; 2014 National Drug Control Policy.
To view newsletters for the 2014 National Rx Drug Abuse Summit click here.
To view newsletters for the 2013 National Rx Drug Abuse Summit click here.